Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Life Temporarily Furnished

I think some of you have been wondering where we've been staying. We started off staying at my Auntie Judy's Tonggan Guest House. It was only available until the 20th because they have a Japanese guest who regularly comes to stay this time of year. So, we have moved AGAIN. This time into a furnished condo which is only available until the 1st of January!
Here is my view during this morning's breakfast. There is a pool, so the kids like that. We are far from Judy's family beach now.
Memory foam mattress. Jake's back hates it.
Even though I have a map, albeit a tourist map, I still get quite lost, especially at night. The traffic at certain times is so bad in the city, it can take half an hour to go six blocks. If there are back roads, I need to learn them! Add to that the fact that Christmas is about to pop up and I'm not the only one who waited till the last minute to shop...
This is this morning's breakfast.

These are last night's dishes. I kind of like only have enough place settings for four.


I feel like part of me is amputated because I've been without a full kitchen since we sold our house. I feel like I have nothing to offer anyone! What is my life's purpose, again?

Things are still up in the air as far as where we are going to settle down. We are investigating Saipan, where my father is from. We have met with people about starting a lunch delivery service and a take-out restaurant here on Guam.

I concur with the seasoned Americans who have lived here for a while. Living here is an exercise in patience. You might hear people say it takes a little longer to get things done in {insert location}, and while the anecdotes are flying, we are all laughing. But, when you are actually living in the time-space warp of "Why Wednesday????", I assure you, the laughter is somewhat mirthless. I say somewhat cuz you know, we try not to take ourselves too seriously.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment