Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Ruffle Zori and PPPs

So, apparently, I live at the base of a canyon which contains the largest fluctuating spring of only three in the whole wide world. The Intermittent Spring is about five miles up the road, and we go up several times every summer. Always when we go up the first time there is a large remnant of the mini glacier that forms during the winter. It is fun to note how much the mini glacier shrinks each time we make the "hike". I say hike, but I can do it in my zori. 

While my dad was here visiting from Oregon we all headed up to the Spring a little later than we had planned and ended up descending in darkness, which was a first for me. Here, I share the beauty of Swift Creek canyon:


My dad!

Porter and Nicole

The beginning of the trail. Harris was shooting a pop-gun which made the dog very nervous.

Nicole and Porter. They forced me to snap a shot at every PPP---> Perfect Picture Place

So touristy.

There's the spring at full flow.

Telling the story of...? Darn my memory!

song***There is beauty all around, when there's love at home.***

This is my favorite spot. You stand on the bridge, and wonder what's up river.

Or wonder something else.

Or just soak it all in.

Fall colors on land and in the water.

Red leaves and white berries. Gorgeous!

Objects in the phone camera may appear way larger than in reality. Or is my head really that big?

It was great seeing you, Dad. Thanks for stopping by!



Why is moss so appealing?

Ginormica.

Chatting.

Ruffle zori and blue toes.  

That's the final and steepest ascent. I have never been up there. You can go right up to where the water comes out of the rock.

Another favorite spot.

Rock climbing colors.

You can see that someone turned the water off. It really is intermittent.


No comments:

Post a Comment