Friday, September 6, 2013

Maverik of Miracles

The plan was to leave at 9:00 a.m. We were 17 minutes late and almost out of Afton when Rylee asked me if I had her and Nicole's temple recommends.

So we returned to the house and grabbed them. When we got to Thayne we stopped at Maverik (gas station) to grab some snacks. Rylee stepped out of the car, not realizing that the recommends she had placed in her lap fell to the ground.

Two hours later, in the temple parking lot, after we had searched the car and every bag for the recommends, and I had asked many questions, I figured the recommends were probably at the Maverik.

Jake and I had to make the next session so we left the girls who followed our instructions and were able to go into the baptistry and perform 13 baptisms and confirmations for some of my German ancestors.

Driving out of Idaho Falls, Rylee said, "Wouldn't it be cool if the recommends were still there in front of the Maverik?"

One hour and forty-five minutes later we had just passed that Maverik when she remembered, but Jake didn't want to turn around and go look. Right then I had the thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if someone saw the recommends on the ground, picked them up, and knew who we were?"

About 50 minutes later my good friend, Emily Walker texted this: Guess what johnny found in the maverik parking lot?


Johnny Walker was running late but was STARVING. So, he stopped at Maverik at about 10:30 a.m. Johnny Walker looked down and with concern, said, "Those are recommends." He picked them up and said, "I know just who these belong to."

No comments:

Post a Comment