Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sometimes You Have to Excuse the Mess While Memories are Made- Aged Old.

Harrison reminded me that the last day of February was Scar's father's birthday. (Scar is a tiny tiger, his father is a lion.) We were so busy, we neglected to have  a party. So, one Family Night, we celebrated Scar's father's birthday.

We sang loud and clear (okay, maybe not so clear) for all to hear.



I forgot to mention... he's 109. We did NOT have 109 candles.
Opening presents. He needed a little help. He is pretty old.

He got lots of great, useful stuff!

Who doesn't need a length of chain every now and then? I know I have.

Did you know that there is a putty that turns into metal after you mix it up? When Morgan discovered this, he started buying some and making all kinds of stuff, including this chain.

One of Rylee's latest inspirations.I think it's pretty cool looking.

Morgan made a little more progress on his knife.

Such a handsome boy.

Jake's ancestors on the Kunz side were cheese makers from Switzerland. Guess who has started making cheese? Well, it's not me.

This is why it's called cheese cloth. First time I've ever seen it used for cheese!

Did you know that the different flavors of cheese are made by using different bacteria? Into the cheese press it goes.

That is 45 pounds of metal pressing down on that cheese. Every person who has entered the house and seen this weight has attempted to lift it. It is unexpectedly heavy for its size!

Here is my latest origami. It is hollow so it can hold candy.

Jake has been reading the family history books with the children. This is Jake's dad, Ron, back in the day.

Rylee got tattoos. Okay, not really. When the kids glaze plaques at the shop they sometimes come home covered in words. I guess if they are going to be covered in words, let them be covered by words of the Prophets!

I made this poster! Like, it's my photograph and a favorite line which Will Smith's character says in the movie After Earth. If I am rooted in a moment, I am completely present. I am paying attention to every detail and not worrying about all the other stuff that I feel needs to be happening.

Have you rooted yourself lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment