Saturday, January 11, 2014

Le Cotage Conversion- Kitchen Recap

 In this picture, I am standing in what was the original living room (also the current) and on the other side of the wall was a bedroom. Currently, the kitchen is now on the other side of that wall, and the dining table is where the wall is.


















I can't tell you how good it felt to finally have this all opened up. You can see on the right, the original doorway into what is now the master bathroom. Here, you can also see how we closed up the two windows which were in the bedroom area.

Also, in case you weren't aware, we added the french doors.








Here is the mess Jake created putting in our new hood vent.





















It's a good thing there was no emergency to call him away during this phase.





















The finished project! Isn't it lovely?






















To the left of the stove, you can glimpse the pantries and bookshelves.





















To the right of the stove, not much difference. Jake put in the crown moulding and the corbels under the two lower shelves. If you can spot the difference between the two lower corbels and the top one, you will see that they are lighter. I still need to oil them. They've been on my to-do list for a while.


Jake and I did a consultation with a retired couple who are thinking about renovating a house they've been renting out for 13 years. Well, I can tell you, it was totally worth it, but I'm not in any hurry to do it again. I'm like, been there, done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment